FlowJo, LLC is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Software Test Automation Engineer to support the Company’s products which are used to drive research in cancer and infectious disease. This will involve building and integrating automated Unit, Regression, Functional, Acceptance, Load, and Performance test points into our Continuous Integration pipeline to support and augment our manual test processes. The Engineer will be responsible for constructing tests across our present and emerging product lines, and as such, strong communication skills are essential. The Engineer reports to the Director of Software Quality Assurance.
Like the single cells which our software analyzes, we are looking for an inspired, skilled individual to join our team. If you consider yourself an outlier and would jump at the chance to bring the next generation of single cell research tools to market, please contact us. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the U.S.
- Team player
- Constructively skeptical
- Flexible both in job role and problem solving, the position is highly dynamic and will require a multi-focused approach.
- High level of intensity, tenacity, and results-driven self-motivation
- Natural, education-focused communication style (written and presentation)
- Keen interest in technology and its application to specific research trends
Current work experience at the Intermediate to Expert level on these specific test tools is required.
- Excellent communication skills using Document, Spreadsheet, Diagramming, and Presentation tools
- Solid understanding of Statistics as applied to SQA
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design, and Programming
- Product Development work in C, C++, and/or Java
- Strong Eclipse IDE skills integrated with Git / SVN
- Program Assembly (compiling, linking, loading, packaging, distributing)
- Real Time Operating Systems concepts (Tasking, Scheduling, Priority, Synchronization)
- Multithreaded program design, development, testing, and debug
- Unix-derived multiuser/multitasking Operating Systems
- Shell scripting (bash, PowerShell)
- IP Networking Fundamentals IPV4, IPV6
- Database Fundamentals – SQL, NoSQL
- Modern Web Application development, deployment, and hosting architectures
- Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Agile development practices
- Bug/Trouble/Feature tracking systems (Jira, Trac, Liquid Planner, VersionOne, etc.)
- Product Requirements & Specifications (Ownership, Creation, Use, and Maintenance)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) philosophy and implementation (Hudson/Jenkins, CruiseControl, GoCD)
- Functional Programming (Scala, node.js)
- Capability Maturity Model (CMM Levels)
- Vector/Matrix Math, Linear Algebra, computational Calculus
- DevOps Fundamentals
- Development and/or support of applications running on large numbers of discrete layers, systems or machines (N-tier, 3-tier, J2EE, Web, NodeJS, PM2, BigIP, F5, Squid, Apache, Puppet, Chef, Nagios, etc. )
- OS Virtualization (QEMU, XEN, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc)
- Cloud deployment (SaaS, IaaS, AWS, RackSpace, Linode, etc.)
- Deployment Containers (Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Big Data Application Technologies (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, HDFS, Cassandra, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, RDDs, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have a BS or advanced degree in EE, CS, Math, or Physics, combined with 5 or more years of practical engineering experience
- Full-time, on-site, salaried position.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as paid vacation & sick leave.
- On site workout area, CSA & other benefits.
- Some perks of working on the FlowJo team involve challenging problem-solving in a fun atmosphere of outdoor loving, dog friendly folks from a broad set of backgrounds, in the beautiful Rogue Valley.