Please apply directly to the following link and our recruiting team will follow up with you:
European Application Scientist
Location: Remotely based
Becton Dickinson is seeking a highly qualified Application Scientist in Europe to support FlowJo's two primary products - FlowJo and SeqGeq. In this role, you support customers, provide technical support, promote sales, and drive market development through application expertise, field demonstrations and seminars as well as conference presentations.
You serve as a technical expert in a collaborative effort with our sales team to drive market development, and the conduit of customer needs to engineering development. The position requires significant direct interaction with existing and potential customers, and carries an expectation of 65% travel, predominantly within Europe.
You are passionate about science and helping researchers around the world streamline their single cell data analysis, who would like to join a dynamic team of Ph.D. scientists who support and direct our scientific, training, sales, and marketing efforts. Like the single cells which our software analyzes, we are looking for a brilliant, inspired, skilled individual to join our team. If you consider yourself an outlier and would jump at the chance to bring the next generation of single cell research tools to market, please contact us.
- Provide high quality support, including customer visits, demonstrations, seminars/workshops, as well as phone, webinar, and email support
- Identify and work with researchers to foster new product introduction and acceptance in the scientific community
- Partner with Engineering for testing, specifying existing and future software components and assessing development priorities
- Travel to key customers and prospects to provide technical consultation, create new demand, assist with sales, increase customer utilization, expand customer networks, and increase awareness
- Promote solutions through participation in technical conferences, trade shows, publications, seminars, and symposiums
- Participate in application design, documentation, data analysis, and authoring of application notes and white papers
- Keep up to date with the scientific community and track major technical/application trends to support improvements in product positioning, selling strategies, and product/workflow development
- Participate in industry organizations, committees, and standards organizations; engage with key opinion leaders
- Provide technical expertise with regard to potential new markets and applications and support market development, growth, and achievement of sales plan
- Provide customer-based technical, market, and application feedback to product management and sales teams to guide strategy development
- Report field activities and trends back through written reports and regular meetings.
You have the following attributes:
- Team player able to work autonomously on the field
- Flexible both in job role and problem solving
- High level of intensity, tenacity, and results-driven self-motivation
- Natural, education-focused communication style
- Keen interest in technology and its application to specific research trends.
You have the demonstrated ability
- to create demand for new or disruptive technologies
- to present high level technical seminars
- to build and leverage strong industry networks
- to understand customer challenges and needs and to present a solution
- to troubleshoot problems and find innovative solutions
- to use computer science and information technology to solve problems in life science data management, analysis, and visualization.
Education and Experience:
You have a solid background in biological sciences, immunology, stem cell, or cancer biology with understanding of procedures, concepts and lab experience. You have more than three years hands on experience with flow cytometry. You are fluent in English.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/.
Primary Work Location
ESP San Agustin del Guadalix