FlowJo, LLC is seeking a collaborative, visionary Product Manager to architect a solution in genomics which will bring Hubble telescope-like resolution to our single cell understanding of biology. The Product Manager will work closely with our engineering, business, science, and design teams to guide products from concept to launch. Before and through launch, you will work closely with our future customers and partners to generate excitement and drive market development through application expertise, field demonstrations, seminars and conference presentations. The Product Manager will serve as the genomics and customer expert and advocate, driving KOL relationships, go-to-market planning, and application functionality and design.
We are looking for applicants with unbridled curiosity, passionate about helping customers enter the next generation of single cell insight. Like the single cells which our software analyzes, we are looking for a brilliant, inspired individual to join our team. If you consider yourself an outlier and would jump at the chance to bring the next generation of single cell research tools to market, please contact us.
The position requires significant direct interaction with our headquarters team as well as existing and potential customers and partners, and carries an expectation of 50% travel, shifting from pre-launch travel to our headquarters (25%) and future/beta customer sites (25%) to post-launch customer site visits. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the U.S.
- Gather and specify requirements for current and future products by conducting customer interviews supported by on-going visits to current and future customers.
- Help define a product vision and strategy working closely with the CEO, Board, and Science + Design team.
- Work and collaborate with world-class Development, QA, and Design teams.
- Develop and implement a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Partner with a product-dedicated Engineering for testing, specifying existing and future software components and assessing development priorities.
- Drive application design, documentation, data analysis, and authoring of application notes and white papers.
- Travel to key customers and prospects to cultivate KOL relationships, to provide technical consultation, to create new demand, to assist with sales, to increase customer utilization, to expand customer networks, and to increase awareness.
- Promote solutions to customer needs through participation in conferences, trade shows, publications, seminars, and symposiums.
- Keep up to date with the genomics community and track major technical/application trends to support improvements in product positioning, selling strategies, and product/workflow development.
- Provide expertise with regard to potential new markets and applications and support market development, growth, and achievement of sales plan.
- Report field activities and trends back through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
- Team player
- Constructively skeptical
- Flexible both in job role and problem solving
- High level of intensity, tenacity, and results-driven self-motivation
- Natural, education-focused communication style (written and presentation)
- Ability to understand customer challenges and needs and to present a solution
SKILLS: Demonstrated ability…
- to present high level technical seminars
- to build and leverage strong industry networks
- to develop products or technology in a new market
- Must have a deep domain knowledge in genomics including understanding of procedures, concepts, bioinformatic approaches.
- 5+ years genomics technology and laboratory experience.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Immunology, Hematology, Molecular Biology, or similar field with experience in a lab or technical role preferred.
For more information, please send a cover letter and resume to Cindy Tyran, PhD ctyran [at] flowjo [dot] com.