Please apply directly to the following link and our recruiting team will follow up with you:
Technical Resources and Research Specialist
FlowJo, LLC is now a subsidiary of Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD). For over 20 years, the team at FlowJo, has contributed to critical advances in medicine and life science through our flagship software FlowJo®, a powerful and user-friendly analysis program for single-cell flow cytometry analysis. Flow cytometry is a critical tool used to advance our diagnosis and understanding of disease states including cancer, HIV, and infectious diseases.
We are currently seeking a new Applications Specialist - a high energy individual with a positive attitude who will serve science as a member of our Technical Resources and Research Support Team. Must be a versatile self starter with the ability to work independently as well as in group settings. Candidates will be passionate about science, have a strong desire to help customers solve problems involved in the use of our research software, and capable of teaching/demonstrating our unique feature-set to a wide audience of users (brand new students up to very experienced tenured professors).
Technical support personnel at FlowJo are responsible for effective communication to the customer base through: email (including written and graphical modalities), phone calls, and video conference calls. Other duties include and are not limited to - testing, documentation, new product development, communicating with other departments (software engineers, quality assurance, marketing, information technology, sales, and licensing staff), and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Assist users with technical support inquiries via phone, email, and Flow forums.
- Teach scientists to use FlowJo’s bioinformatics platforms.
- Communicate customer needs to teams (engineers and support).
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA for testing, specifying existing and future software components as informed by direct user feedback and Flow community developments.
- Stay up to date with, and expand on expertise (flow cytometry and next gen-sequencing).
- Contribute to the development of new applications.
- Produce and edit documentation, including revising existing and develop new application documentation in accordance with FlowJo's Technical Writing quality and standards.
- Liaise with other departments.
- Present on topics related to software products.
- Strong customer service skill-set.
- Ability to think on your feet and improvise with credibility.
- Commitment to training scientists from around the world and at all skill levels to use software effectively in research and clinical settings.
- Fluent and effective communication of software bugs and feature requests to developers.
- Advocacy for science and scientific community
- Passionate about service
- Team player
- Constructively skeptical
- Flexible both in job role and problem solving
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- Natural, education-focused communication style (written and presentation)
- Ability to understand customer challenges and needs and to present a solution
- B.S. (or better) in biology, chemistry, or similar.
- 2+ years work in flow cytometry, and/or 2+ years RNA or DNA sequencing.
- Demonstrated passion for lifelong learning and self motivation through continuing education.
- 2+ years in teaching role, either as assistant professor, teaching assistant, customer service or equivalent.
Primary Work Location
USA OR Ashland - FlowJo